Let’s start by saying, if there’s ever a time of the year where you have the chance try something different with your look, then Christmas is just that. T’is the season to be jolly, but t’is also the season to get your glam on, add some sparkle to your outfit and do something fancy pants with your hair.
I’ve been a fan of ghd for years now, owning my first pair of bright pink ghd’s when I was 22 – that’s a whopping ten years ago people. Imagine how happy I was to discover my favourite brand were also bringing out straighteners in my favourite metallic, copper *dancing emoji right now.
Super sleek in design, the ghd platinum copper luxe straighteners have a wishbone hinge to give you more control over your style, with tri-zone technology to maintain a heat safe enough to not frazzle your hair, from root to tip. Great additions for me are both the automatic shut off after 30 minutes of non-use and the copper luxe heat resistant bag it comes in – either way, I don’t have to worry about burning the house down when I’m rushing out to work.
I actually wanted to use these straighteners for a little while before giving my honest review, mainly because I’ve tried products in the past, loved them the first time and then discovered little traits I disliked. Not here. These left my hair super glossy and actually feeling much healthier than it did with my old pair of straighteners.
I usually wear my hair straight, never up and never, ever anything fancy done to it. I’m a simple aka lazy creature. But I decided I’d try something a little different with my tools and create a 20’s style wave with a side parting. Here’s how I did it:
- I washed my hair and prepped it with the ghd Heat Protection spray to make sure I wasn’t creating more split ends with heat damage.
- Once dried I parted my hair into three layers, using the straighteners to curl the bottom layer of my hair away from my face in medium sized (the size of two fingers put together) sections. Leave to set and work your way around the head, always pulling the hair away from the face with the straighteners.
- Once all the layers have been curled, I spritz on a layer of the ghd Curl Holding Spray, with works like hairspray but without any stiffness or crunchiness to the hair.
- Brush the curls out and work them together with your hands, to create one big wave down the hair.
- Take one side and clip away from the face, sweeping the curls down around your ear with your fingers.
- Finish the look with the ghd Final Shine Spray for extra gloss.
If you’re still looking for that perfect gift for someone special, the copper luxe gift set comes with two gorgeous limited edition copper and bronze Nails Inc polishes, both of which have been used and both of which are beautiful.
How are you going to #GlitzTheSeason this year? Changing your hair perhaps? Or add a new vintage addition to your wardrobe? Let me know below.
*This post is in collaboration with ghd, but as always I only work with brands I truly believe in. You can find my disclaimer here.